Saturday, February 12, 2011

Defending Ken Clarke From The Tories

My old stamping ground, the Tory Reform Group, has a new blog, so I thought I would post one final thought on the old one, before disappearing altogether. Ken Clarke is once again making waves with his honest assessments of the political scene, and is also under regular attack from his right-wing opponents, so I thought it only proper to provide a defence - a somewhat limited one, but it is with specific reference to the accusations that he persistently undermines Tory leaders.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"so I thought I would post one final thought on the old one, before disappearing altogether."
Are you saying that you are departing from the TRG blogosphere, or just that the old blog is disappearing?

Giles Marshall said...

Just me departing the TRG blogosphere - I think the old blog will stay as an archive! And this one will, of course, continue its sparkling, witty and insightful course!

Anonymous said...

Can't help but feel like this is the end of an era! Why have you quit it?

Giles Marshall said...

a bit of a clarification - the old TRG blog is finished, but I may contribute pieces to the new one, Egremont.

The retreat of liberalism goes on

As communism seemingly disappeared from view at the end of the 1980s, in a sudden and unexpected blow-out, there was plenty of triumphal...