Monday, October 01, 2007
The Vladimir Putin Guide to Democracy
1. Leave Secret Service to become President.
2. Gain popularity by war policy with small provincial state that is despised by your fellow countrymen.
3. Drive political opponents into exile or prison.
4. Get rid of opposition media.
5. Choose your own successor as president.
6. Stay on as prime minister with your hand-picked president.
7. Get elected as president again having spent the required time out of the office.
8. Repeat steps 5 to 7 until dead.